Tuesday 7 June 2016

Visiting the Family Dentist With the Children

My children have never been excited about going to the cosmetic dentistry Cedar Park. When they were a bit younger, they would give me such a hard time. I asked my two little ones why they hated going so much, and they told me it was because it was scary to them. I could understand why they felt that way because I used to feel the same way as a child.

I was trying to think of different ways to make my children feel better about getting routine checkups and dental work, including fillings for a few cavities they have both had in the past. I decided the best way to make them feel more comfortable is to lead by my example. I found a family dentist who was willing to see all three of us on the same day. I could get my teeth cleaned first and show my children that it really is not as bad as they think.

Ever since we started going to the family dentist, my children have stopped crying and throwing tantrums over their appointments. Instead, they get excited about a trip to the dental office because they know I will have to get my teeth checked out before them. In fact, they find it quite amusing. I am just glad we can all go to the same place to have our teeth cleaned and treated by a caring professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment